Monday, April 7, 2008

Thing 16

The Assignment Calculator and the Research Project Calculator look really cool. As a student, I plan on trying them out for my next assignment. (But I have doubts on my success with it.)

I like that there are useful inks that lead to appropriate reference sources for the chosen subject. But I'm afraid the plan isn't refined enough to be super useful. I think I may be too set in my ways to approach research this way. For instance, I build outlines much earlier than this schedule has me doing. I also need to accomplish a lot more in a day than this schedule allocates work. I wish there was a way to deselect days where you know you won't be working. In that case, I'd have a more accurate, but admittedly less organized, approach for my time line.

I guess I prefer subject based lists (or subject guides) of databases and websites rather than a schedule for attacking a project.

I can see how this would be a great method to introduce to students in high school and college. I have a feeling the results would be a group of students with a a more methodical approach to research...but I personally may have missed this boat.

No comments: