Monday, March 10, 2008

Thing 9

I've requested permission to alter the Google Doc, but have yet to figure the other one out...

give me some time on this one...


THING 9 CONTINUED:

Okay, now that I can mess around with them, I have some thoughts regarding these tools.

1. I'm not sold on their greater usefulness to word documents. As I have been using Word since I could walk, these applications don't come naturally. I feel like a PC user in a Mac world. Google Docs feels more navigable than Zoho...I don't know if that's just me.

2. I CAN see the usefulness of this if you are collaborating with lots and lots and LOTS of people. All of whom must be comfortable with the shift from Word to "other."

3. I like the ability to offer word processing to people in the library who can't get a computer that has Word programmed on it. In the most busy of times, this is a good alternative. Also, if people don't have email addresses or flash drives etc. (or are simply poor savers!!!) this is a good alternative to lugging the info around or managing attachments.

It was really easy to set up a Google Docs account. No hassle and no advertising. This is why Google rocks so hard!

No comments: