Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thing 13

Which start page did you choose? Why did that one appeal to you? Will you make it your permanent home page?

I have an iGoogle page, and it is currently my homepage at home. (My homepage at work is the library website.) I like that it connects to my gmail account directly, so I can read my emails from there. (My gmail account is my sacred account, I don't sign up for ANYTHING with it.) I have it set to show me new articles that would most interest me as well as the weather. It also collects all of my fellas RSS feeds, so he can update them in one shot...Also it has cute monster graphics, which we like.

Did you find a tool that has some uses for you at the library or at home? Which tool(s) would you recommend to others?

I like the Hennepin County Catalog search widgit. I have it on my myspace, facebook and now my iGoogle front pages. Super rad!

How can the online calendars be useful to you?

My fella is always trying to get me to contribute to his online calender. I'm sort of the social force in our relationship and often make plans for us to go out and play. He wishes (and I most certainly will get around to it) that I put my, and our schedule into it so he knows what's going on. I DO tell him about this stuff before it happens...despite his claims. I also realize we would have a more amicable weekend if I would just sit down and enter the stuff...It's just that there is a lot of stuff to enter. A lot! i already wrote it down in my personal date book, and informed him via verbal conversation....I now realize that is not enough....just don't tell him I said so.

No comments: