Monday, February 4, 2008

Thing 3

RSS feeds: terribly useful and convenient...especially for the bus commute.

I used to use RSS feeds all the time. I like getting weird radio programs sent directly to my Ipod so I could listen to them on the bus. There are great ones like; Coffee Break Spanish, Grammar Girl, Savage Love, etc. I also would get my library account updated and sent to me, so I would know my due dates.

Now that I'm tooling around in the car, though, I find I use them less than my fella. He relies on them so much that he's MISSED his bus updating them before he goes out the door.

Of all of the Library 2.0 concepts I feel this one will become more and more popular as people continue to rely on personal information/communication gadgets like blackberries, Ipods and Iphones, lap-tops, or even the new readers like Kindle. I imagine all sorts of things will resort to RSS feeds to send daily updates...like credit card bills and gym class schedules...homework due dates...the sky is the limit!!!

(I imagine in the future -when we all wear spandex and drive in flying cars- that RSS feeds will be sent directly to the chips we will inevitably install in our brains!)

No comments: